Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default filling up a swimming pool

get an architect who can handle all the laws permits and contractors
related to what is elsewhere sometimes a do it yourself with a
bulldozer and a dumptruck project. you probably have zoning, drainage,
neighborhood restrictions. need right of ways from neighbors, may
require california earthquake building code demands. what ever you do
do not just drain it, the water in some pools is required to support
the earth against collapse. as a pool owner this is a saddening project
to consider. too bad, it sounds like a nice diving pool and is quite a
valuable asset. before you go any farther think entertaining, breeze,
neighbors, view, stars, fish, ducks, lighting, reflection pool,
floating reflective mirrored globes. if only the pool depth scares
you it can be made shallower.

wrote:
Hi,

I am thiking of buying a house that has a 15 ft deep pool and would
like to fill it up. I am in Northern California and don't see the need
for such a deep and very large pool.

Does anyone know approximately how much this would cost or of any
problems associated with filling up a pool? I would most likely put
grass over it.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kalpana