Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] marks542004@yahoo.com is offline

Default filling up a swimming pool

Hi,

I am thiking of buying a house that has a 15 ft deep pool and would
like to fill it up. I am in Northern California and don't see the need
for such a deep and very large pool.

Does anyone know approximately how much this would cost or of any
problems associated with filling up a pool? I would most likely put
grass over it.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kalpana

a lot depends on what the pool is made of.

A concrete pool you can knock down the top foot or two of the walls,
punch a few dainage holes in the bottom , lagre stone fill, small stone
fill and topsoil and it disappears completely.

You are probably talking a few hundred dollars , most of that delivery
fees.

The cost will be much higher if the dumptruck does not have direct
access to the pool.

Add another $200 for a bobcat,

I should have said , take the pool length in yards , width in yards and
depth of 5 yards (15feet) to get cubic yards of fill.

figure 1 yard depth of soil and the balance stone fill.

so L x W x 4 + cubicx yards fill

and L x W x 1 for soil

a yard of soil is more than ya need for grass but will support small
shrubs and trees .

you could go down to 18" or even 12" for grass. maybe 6" of good
topsoil with the rest a lower grade dirt.