Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Grauwulf Grauwulf is offline

Default RCA projector tube leak

Yep, it was definatly arcing to the frame, that was how I discovered
the problem in the first place. There is a small hole in the anode cap
where it was arcing through. I have already sliced the cap from the
tube, but I unfortunatly do not have a scrap tube to take one off of. I
do have some crt arcade monitor flybacks that have good anode leads and
caps on them, but I do not believe that any of the leads are going to
be long enough. What are your thoughs about filling the small hole in
the cap with silicone to insulate it again?

James

wrote:
You may have to replace the HV Lead & anode connector also ( Was it
arcing? to medal plate with 4 large bolts.) If not just wash up good
with alcahol If arcing I use a slender box knife (one with long
retractable blade to get cup off the tube. Clean good & take a hv lead
& cup off a junker & replace, Use clear silicone (Window & Door) RTV
under new anode cup
Good luck Charles Grob