Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Is There An Electrician in the House?

In article ,
(Arthur Shapiro) wrote:

one breaker which had two wires going into it.
is this automatically a Highly Bad Thing

No.

The suggestion to "pigtail" the arrangement (one wire attached to the breaker
with a "three-way", just beyond the breaker, done with a wire nut) is probably
better. However, BOTH techniques are somewhat of a kludge, especially if
there are available (open) slots for additional breakers or one (or more)
single breakers that can be swapped-out with a double in the same space.

"lubricate" the breakers.

That's a new one to me. It's probably in the same league as a muffler
bearing. I am unaware of HOW one might actually lubricate a circuit breaker
in the unlikely event that such is possible, much less necessary.

Was he blowing smoke

Probably. Get a second, professional opinion AFTER the breaker(s) starts
malfunctioning.
--

JR

No project too small