Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Alun Alun is offline

Default Supernova travel stoop screw.

SR wrote:
Anyone know if they changed the design of the Supanova chuck before
coming out with the latest version? (NB, I do mean Supernova, and not
Supernova2). I just looked in the manual -online at:

http://www.teknatool.com/products/Ch...upermanual.pdf

and where it says there should be a 'Travel stop screw' to stop the jaw
slides being unscrewed to far, it ain't there.

The stop screw can either be found under jaw slide 1 or jaw slide 3. If
the screw is under jaw slide 1 (as shown in the manual) then the jaws
can be extended a little way beyond the body (about 3mm), but cannot be
unscrewed completely. If it's under jaw slide 3 (European safety
regulations mode) the jaws cannot be extended past the edge of the chuck
body at all.

Mine came standard with the screw under jaw slide 3, but you can just
take it out and move it as I did.

--
Alun Saunders