Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tony Wells Tony Wells is offline

Default Supernova travel stoop screw.

This was initially brought in to comply with European Union safety
regulations, and is there to stop the cracked knuckles that you can get with
engineering lathe chucks - and they HURT, as I have found out from personal
experience!

Tony Wells.

"SR" wrote in message
news
Anyone know if they changed the design of the Supanova chuck before coming
out with the latest version? (NB, I do mean Supernova, and not
Supernova2). I just looked in the manual -online at:
http://www.teknatool.com/products/Ch...upermanual.pdf

and where it says there should be a 'Travel stop screw' to stop the jaw
slides being unscrewed to far, it ain't there.

SR