Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Mphilking@adelphia.net is offline

Default Getting rusty nipple off.

Jeff, that kind of explains it well. The threads went into the the
faucet. It was suggested i replace the nipple, since it is the wrong
size and the plumbers I spoke to said, "they are VERY EASY to take
off." Thanks for your help.
Jeff Wisnia wrote:
wrote:
I'm replacing the faucet on our shower/tub. The nipple is NOT budging.
I used WD-40 and kind of stripped the threads in trying to get the
nipple off. ANy suggestions? I don't want to use too much strength
since the shower head is wiggling as I try to turn the nipple.

Where IS that nipple in relation to the faucet you are replacing?

It would be interesting to learn what you mean when you say "kind of
stripped the threads". Are you saying you buggered up the exposed male
threads which used to thread into saomething else because you didn't
know about internal pipe wrenches? If so, the nipple is history, so
follow the good advice already given here and hope to G-d you don't have
something snap off or start leaking behind the wall. I'd vote for using
a "flame wrench" on the nipple and letting it cool down to room
temperature before applying torque to it again. The expansion and
contraction should help break it free.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia