Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Mphilking@adelphia.net is offline

Default Getting rusty nipple off.

Thanks Jim! I think I may try that. I've used WD-40 to get nuts off
of rusted bolts I thought our hard water may have rusted things up a
bit.

Jim Yanik wrote:
wrote in
oups.com:

I'm replacing the faucet on our shower/tub. The nipple is NOT budging.
I used WD-40 and kind of stripped the threads in trying to get the
nipple off. ANy suggestions? I don't want to use too much strength
since the shower head is wiggling as I try to turn the nipple.

WD-40 is NOT a penetrating oil. Use PB Blaster or similar.
(WD stands for *water displacing*.)

Use an internal pipe wrench adapter and a socket drive handle.It has a
knurled piece that goes inside the nipple and expands against the inside of
the pipe,gripping it tightly.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik