Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Mphilking@adelphia.net is offline

Default Getting rusty nipple off.

Rich wrote:
wrote:
I'm replacing the faucet on our shower/tub. The nipple is NOT
budging. I used WD-40 and kind of stripped the threads in trying to
get the nipple off. ANy suggestions? I don't want to use too much
strength since the shower head is wiggling as I try to turn the
nipple.

Drill a hole through it and put a screwdriver through the hole then spin it
off and get a good stainless steel replacement nipple and you won't have to
replace it ever again.

Rich

A friend said it might be sodered in at the back by the pipe. I have
the steel nipple, I just have to get the old one off.