Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Western red cedar for this chair ok?

Tue, Dec 19, 2006, 2:51pm (EST-1) (Swingman) doth sayeth:
Would be an excellent choice if your pocketbook can $tand it. snip

Nah, teak is cheap. My ex-SIL and her husband own(owned) a
two-story house, made entirely of teak. Hmmm, of course they do live in
Thailand. LMAO Teak over there was probably the cheapest wood you
could buy. I bought almost an entire house of teak furniture for about
$300 total - still got a few pieces, sold the rest. Still have a custom
teak drop front desk, cost me $35 as I recall. Actually had two, but
sold the other after it got broken up some in moving. Teak was used for
about everything, furniture, houses, caskets, carvings, the list goes
on.

JOAT
Where does Batman buy gas for the Batmobile?