Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default Green Copper

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
In article , "Mike Dobony"
wrote:

I believe the idea was that we give them a floor covering allowance to pay
them to replace the whole house with new carpet and linoleum and this
would
be AFTER moving in. The absolute worst case scenario is that we replace
the
padding in the entrance way and have the first room professionally
shamnpooed. The carpet is in excellent condition! They just don't like
the
style.

What's the real estate market like in your city right now? If it's a
buyer's
market, you may have to cave on that. If it's a seller's market, you can
tell
them to pound sand.

Almost a nitch market. Largest house on the block, only one with a
whirlpool (HOT selling point except with this buyer). Overall market rather
neutral, depends on the house and neighborhood market. This house is near
the bottom of the upper-scale homes in the nearby area with a few extras,
like curb-side mail box (one of only 2 streets in the town with curb-side
mail service) and double the price houses only 2 blocks away. Also, every
market is both a seller's market and a buyer's market. Much depends on the
determination of the seller and individual buyer. We are not exactly
pressed at this time to sell. I don't start school now until May.

--
Regards,