Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,misc.survivalism
Tom Gardner Tom Gardner is offline

Default generators sold cheaply

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On the other hand, maybe not.

Since you were there for the grid failure, presumably, what was your
experience? Did you take your Ohio Brush Bag to town, and get some
action?

It was very hot and I'm an air conditioning kinda' guy. I closed the plant
and I headed for the family's cottage on Lake Erie eighty miles away. I ran
the AC and went swimming and watched DVDs. It was tough, I ran out of
coffee filters and had to drive up to the Wal-Mart 3 miles away. Those will
be in my scram-bag from now on! The other big problem was that it was
tourist season and all the bar and restaurant prices were up. I could see
on the news when the power was back on in Cleveland and headed back.

So, my survival strategy is to get out of town and head toward a secure
place that I know if fully stocked. I have access to places in three states
and four places in Ohio. I keep 20 gallons of gas at home which gives me an
additional 200 miles to find more. In addition to whatever in my 36 gal
tank. Off hand, I have most people beat in preparedness. I also have all
my fly-in fishing gear in 3 big waterproof tubs. Everything I need is in
there as everything is cleaned and repacked after every trip. But no
firearms are packed for Canadian trips. I can grab those with plenty of
ammo in a heartbeat, along with two 5 gallon water carriers. What are my
weak points?