Santa Cruz Mike

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...---and I wouldn't trust any of them...

On 8 Feb 2004 15:05:20 -0800, (Dan Caster) wrote:

I understand putting the interests of my family and friends ahead of
others, but why should I care about fellow citizens that I don't know
more than non fellow citizens that I don't know. Why do you think
that it is more important to help US citizens who live in a country of
opportunity, than to help those that do not have nearly as much
opportunity.

I also disagree with your idea that Americans can not get the same
kind of aid as foreigners get. US citizens have way more access to
aid than citizens of third world countries. Locally there are a
number of organizations that help those that need help.

Here people throw out things that are not available in most third
world coutries. Go down to your local Salvation Army store and see
all the items that people have donated. How much of that do you think
you would see say in third world countries?

Dan

Chris Johnson wrote in message

No, it's a matter of putting the interests of your own family, friends,
and fellow citizens in YOUR own back yard/country ahead of the interests
of those in other places.

When we're giving away BILLIONS of dollars in foreign aid to help
feed, clothe, and shelter people in other countries when we have
people in our OWN country that have the same basic needs which are
not being provided for, then there's something SERIOUSLY WRONG.

I have no problem with foreign aid, per se. My problem with it comes
when Americans can't get the same kind of aid.

You take care of your own before you take care of outsiders. It's a
matter of priorities.

CJ

Dan.. for years it was illegal to donate clothing to children in
Mexico.. and everything three months we smuggled clothing and toys for
kids into Matamoroas.. I took over 10,000s lbs into Mexico in five
trips during the Xmas holidays in 1979... sweating bullets.. but
worth it.. those litlle kids had nothing.. and the stores were pretty
poorly stocked so that even with money.. you couldn't buy them stuff..
just with the group I was driving for.. hundreds of kids got some new
and used clothes... also drove about a dozen vehicles down there and
"abandoned".. so folks could have a car...

Later,
Mike