Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default HELP! - water does not come back On after turning the water main back On

wrote in message
ups.com...

yep utility says i am on the hook for it

SO how tuff is it to fix this?

Its in a 6" diameter PVC tube about 18" below ground. So I will have to
dig a hole around it to work.

18"???? You must live in the deep south!

Is this a threaded coupling on each side of the valve or what?

I am fairly handy and have done a lot of other home repair and
carpentry stuff - not alot of plumbing though (just replaced 2 outside
faucets which led to this problem),. So is this something I could do
myself or leave it to the pros?

When you take the valve off you will have full pressure running off it.
Suggest the pros on this one as it requires special equipment to contain the
pressure as the valve is replaced. You can save some money by doing the
digging yourself.