Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default 3801 denon receiver

"JR" wrote in message
ups.com...

well he claims that after the pop and everything shutoff, he replaced
the fuses and it started working. Yet when i received it , no nothing,
so i dont know if he is telling the truth or not. I paid him 300 and he
wont refund, so i basically got burned, just trying to get it to work
so i dont have to pour a alot more into...

I've found that paypal is absolutely NO help whatsoever in these types of
disputes... their "buyer protection" hooplah is a load of crap. One time I
did not receive a relatively expensive item which I purchased on eBay and
paid for with paypal. Now it doesn't get any more straightforward than
that. I paid for something which I did not get. Well, I can't remember the
rationale, but PayPal didn't seem to think it had anything to do with
them...

However, I have also found that VISA has been extremely helpful... if I get
burned on any type of internet purchase, my VISA issuer will cover it when
others will not.

LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON EBAY FOR THIS TURD.

good luck with the amp, you'll get it going. Power problems are about the
easiest to diagnose although not necessarily the cheapest to fix...