Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Colours of 1950s wireing.

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 01:52:26 +0000 (GMT) Dave Plowman (News) wrote :
There was one of those 'crazes' in the mid 1950s for using PVC
covered wire for making bangles, bracelets, fancy belts and even
woggles.

PVC flex was certainly common. Usually without a sheath, too.
Trying to remember the name of the black and red twisted stuff.

It was a craze here c.1963, under the name Scooby doo - packets
with two colours of what was really PVC sleeving. And they probably
sold it for more than Homebase would have charged for earth sleeving!

I look on Google and guess what

"Thursday, March 10, 2005

The latest mad craze is knitting.

Watch out, American teens, you may be next. France, Belgium and
Scandinavia have already fallen.

In the space of two weeks, the fashion for knitting bits of cheap
plastic string into a pointlessly coloured piece of cord has invaded
and utterly overthrown my students. There is no child in the school -
not one - I'm including the sixteen year olds here - unswathed by
bunches of brightly coloured plastic 'laces', and desperately
knotting together some improbable pattern in the hopes it will hold
till the next lot of colours can be swapped."

http://www.inblogs.net/blackboardjun...-knitting.html