Toolbert

Default Went to Boeing Surplus (Kent, Washington) today

"DougR" wrote in message
om...

Speaking of deals at Boeing Surplus.....

Yesterday, Saturday 2-07, I saw a pallet of new three phase
transformers, 240 to 480. No prices on them, but another nearby
pallet had a similar, but larger one marked $35. No KVA rating
visible, but far too heavy to pickup.

Got so excited about a couple other deals on some tooling I forgot to
get one. Oh well, I guess I'll swing by on Wednesday for one and some
more good deals.

'Saw a pallet of transformers there yesterday, I think three units, each
unit was a 3 phase delta 480 delta to 208 wye, rated 9 KVA and marked I
think 260 lbs weight. The actual marking was something weird like 460 in,
197 out that is essentially the same thing. Only saw one pallet. The 480
to 208 would not be useful for boosting a phase converter output to 480 on
account of the phase converter output being 240 not 208. Not without a
buck setup on the input that would likely defeat any cost benefit. Bob