Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Mark Jerde Mark Jerde is offline

Default emergency heating of home with hot water tank

Seriously though..best to close off the house and heat one room. That
can be done easily enough in a myriad of ways.

Yup. I nailed blankets over a wide doorway in the early 1980's to cut
down
my heat bill in eastern SoDak. It helped a lot.

Maybe more efficient to use "space blankets"?

Not if I had to buy 'em. In those days the wolf at the door frequently
barged in and ate our dinner. (He hated rice & lentils but he gobbeled them
anyway.) I'm now in the upper __% of income winners world-wide and
history-wide, but the hurt of those early, painful, poor days is aways
present. I *really* appreciate being able to go to the McDonalds drive
through whenever I want, and I recall about 15+ years ago when it first
became possible.

In the days I nailed blankets over the doorway, as the saying goes, "I was
too poor to pay attention."

-- Mark