Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default Green Copper

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Mike Dobony wrote:
We have a whirlpool in our basement and the copper is getting covered
with a green,semi-powdery coating. I have tried several cleaners and
even electrical cleaner, but this stuff is stubbornly staying in
place. Anybody know of a way to clean this off without scraping? Thanks.

Is it the stuff that surface copper turns into to give it that classic
patina found, for example, on the Statue of Liberty or is it algae?

Not algae, but patina. These are the main water lines in which the
individual water lines are run from. The individual lines are grey poly,
much like the newer PEX.