Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Colours of 1950s wireing.

In article ,
Cicero wrote:
In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
PVC was in use by 1955, but not exclusively so -- rubber was still
being used too.

I never saw domestic house wiring in PVC until the '60s. Although it
was common for some types of flex. Perhaps Aberdeen was rather
conservative. ;-)

===============================

It was certainly available in the early 1950s but I think it may have
been available as separate single cables rather than sheathed.

Could be: I was referring to TW&E or Twin sheathed.

There was one of those 'crazes' in the mid 1950s for using PVC covered
wire for making bangles, bracelets, fancy belts and even woggles.

PVC flex was certainly common. Usually without a sheath, too. Trying to
remember the name of the black and red twisted stuff.

--
*60-year-old, one owner - needs parts, make offer

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.