Glenn Ashmore

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

Mark Jerde wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

The final turning point for me when I was home from college and my
cousin, a Marine sniper in the First Marine Division, was staying at
our house while he was home on R&R, having been shot out of a tree.
Melvin Laird, then (1969) the new Sec. of Defense, came on the tube
and said, "We do not now have, nor have we ever had, US troops in
Laos," or something like that. My cousin turned to me and said,
"That's funny, I was there just a couple of weeks ago. That's where I
got shot out of the tree."

That's just wrong. 100% bad. I hate it when anyone lies.

Believe what you want but in '69 I could read a map well enough to know
when I we were getting set down 5 clicks south of Lao Boa. I thought it
was a mistake but the Cap'n yelled to shut the F*** up and sweep East.

I had to write 6 letters after that trip.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com