Jim Stewart

Default Went to Boeing Surplus (Kent, Washington) today

pyotr filipivich wrote:

A city wide blackout at Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:13:45 -0800 did not prevent "lane"
lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com from posting to rec.crafts.metalworking
the following:

A couple of years ago it was a nice place to shop. Now the prices have gone
up and the selection down.

Boeing is getting out of the manufacturing biz. When you don't make it,
you don't have "surplus."
I found some "neat" stuff there, but then again, I hi it the week they were
half-pricing the "scrap" metal. Aluminum for 80 cents a pound - such a deal!

Are you kidding me? The everyday price is $1.60 a pound?

I pay $1.00/pound, minus the $1.25/pound I get for the
empty soda cans I bring in.