Posted to rec.woodworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default cnc milling machine

Steve knight wrote:

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 00:26:38 -0800, "gilles"
wrote:

hello every one i am looking to purchase a milling macine has anyone ever
used a milling machine to cut wood with i know that the speed is only
3000rpm if anybody has one please email me i would like to asked a few
question before buying one thanks

it's not really a problem I do it all the time. You can use any speed
if you are not cutting the edges. just use HSS endmills.
you want to rig up dc so the dust does not get where it should not.
it does not really fly around though.
but what are you trying to do? maybe a cnc router would do it
better?

Also, 3000 RPM would be a limit for an old CNC knee mill or similar, any
newer VMC has a much higher top RPM.

Pete C.