DougR

Default Went to Boeing Surplus (Kent, Washington) today

(Bob Powell) wrote in message . com...
"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message ...
What a waste of time. Fortunately, my wife is also my best buddy and the
three hour (one way) trip was delightful.

Surplus:

(a) You gotta learn to want what they have to sell :-)

(b) Learn the layout, be there at opening, the bargains (and there are
still plenty) sell within 5 minutes, what you see at 2 PM is the junk
that sits there for years. Even when in the area, I rarely bother if
I can't be there at opening.

(c) Shop frequently, of course easier said than done.

I used to stop (at opening) a couple times a week on the way to work
and the cumulative haul represents some of the best stuff in my shop,
quality industrial tools and materials I would not or could not have
bought otherwise. No regrets today for buying questionable stuff 10
years ago, that I haven't seen there since.

Yes, it was much better in the 90's, and better still in the 80's.

Bob

Speaking of deals at Boeing Surplus.....

Yesterday, Saturday 2-07, I saw a pallet of new three phase
transformers, 240 to 480. No prices on them, but another nearby
pallet had a similar, but larger one marked $35. No KVA rating
visible, but far too heavy to pickup.

Got so excited about a couple other deals on some tooling I forgot to
get one. Oh well, I guess I'll swing by on Wednesday for one and some
more good deals.