Posted to rec.woodworking
Henry St.Pierre Henry St.Pierre is offline

Default Pearls Before the Swine

"Upscale" wrote in
:

"Par" wrote in message
into the recipients urethra and creative uses of rodents, and the JWs
left hurridly.

I've got it easier than that. As soon as they see that I'm in a
wheelchair, they apologise for knocking on the wrong door. Up until
the first time that happened, I never realized how prejudicial they
are.

My mother and my sister are JWs. My mother is 89 and my sister is 63. I
don't follow their teaching or their belief, but I've met very many
witnesses. It amazes me me how industrious and family oriented they are.
They are totally color blind. They will serve in the armed forces, but
have a problem with blood transfusions if they are wounded. Some will
accept plasma, but not whole blood. I wonder how many other sects or
'religions' are color blind or really believe in family or working for
their needs or helping each other. I don't think JWs ever go on welfare.
I've never heard of them asking for money or insisting you listen to
them. Awhile ago, one of us wonderful woodworkers (probably a good
Christian, but not a liberal because liberals are wonderful to everybody
and hate Christians) threatened to sic his dogs on any JWs that knocked
on his door. I responded with my feelings, and you can take this to the
bank and use it at my trial, if anyone ever put their dogs on or harmed
my mother or sister in anyway, they would meet a very unpleasant end.
So Mr.Upscale, you are in a wheelchair. Does that make you special or
does it make other people uncomfortable? I can't see why a JW or Catholic
or Protestant or Mormon or Budhist or Hindu or Jew or Muslim or follower
of the Great Spirit Manitou or Pagan would apologise for knocking on your
door and offering literature. I left a few out, but the last person to
reject or be prejudiced towards a person in a wheelchair would be a JW or
perhaps a follower of the great spirit.
Being in a wheelchair isn't fun. I spent some time in one awhile ago. I
got three holes in one leg, but only got one heart. Some guys got all the
luck and never missed a day of work.
Hank