Mark Jerde

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

Ed Huntress wrote:

The final turning point for me when I was home from college and my
cousin, a Marine sniper in the First Marine Division, was staying at
our house while he was home on R&R, having been shot out of a tree.
Melvin Laird, then (1969) the new Sec. of Defense, came on the tube
and said, "We do not now have, nor have we ever had, US troops in
Laos," or something like that. My cousin turned to me and said,
"That's funny, I was there just a couple of weeks ago. That's where I
got shot out of the tree."

That's just wrong. 100% bad. I hate it when anyone lies.

But I've lived in the DC area for 10+ years and I think the majority of
folks in government are trying to do a good job.

-- Mark