Mark Jerde

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

Ed Huntress wrote:

Good points all, and they work for me. I think that career
politicians are the problem. If we had term limits and the kind of
temporary service the FF's envisioned (and, for the most part, what
they practiced) we'd have a more honest government. A somewhat naive
one, and maybe a technically less-competent one, but a more honest
one.

Do term limits /really/ make sense?

Wanted: Pipeline welder. Cannot have more than 5 years experience.

Wanted: Brain surgeon. Cannot have more than 3 years experience.

Wanted: U.S. senator. Cannot have more than 4 years experience.

???

It takes time to develop relationships, learn how to get things done, etc.

-- Mark