Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default wiring chimney style cooker hood:power socket inside chimney

On 16 Dec 2006 10:00:31 -0800 someone who may be
" wrote this:-

The existing socket would end up **inside** the upper section of the
chimney. Is it OK to power the hood from this socket?

As it is fixed equipment it would be preferable to feed it from a
switched fused connection unit. These are much neater.

Personally I would install it outside the hood, but there is an
argument that it can be installed inside the outer shell.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh