Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Creases in coaxial cables

AZ Nomad wrote:

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:34:43 +0000, Dartattack wrote:

Just make sure the percentage of shielding is 80% or better, the more
the better.There is alot of off-air noise and signals that get into a

RG6 is a specification including materials, dimensions, and yes it also
includes the type and coverage of shielding. There's no such thing as
75% shielded RG6.

The RG standard is no longer used by the military so yo can use it
any way you like. Radio Shack, Jersey Specialty Company, and others sell
so call "RG 6 coax" that isn't fit for audio use because there is very
little braid and no foil. You could marker lamp cord as RG6 and not
worry about being charged with selling substandard cable.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida