Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Can improper wiring actually cause a fire?

In article t,
Lew Hodgett wrote:
wrote:

I'm curious about what you consider an acceptable alternative.

Depends on the application and type of conductors involved.

Lew

Lew? I didn't realize you were the OP. Anyway, here's a specific
example, tell me what you would use in the place of wire nuts:

Ceiling junction box with light fixture attached, power coming directly
to the that box, with a switch loop going to a wall mounted switch.
Using regular NM (Romex) cabling.

How would you connect the line neutral to the light fixture
neutral,the line hot to the switch loop, and the return from the
switch loop to the light fixture hot conductor?

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland -