Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Speaker wire polarity.

FOAK wrote:

I have two wires coming from my radio. The wires go to the speaker.

One wire is a solid color, the other wire is striped.

Which one goes to the positive terminal on my speaker and wich one goes
to the negative terminal?

Does not matter ... just be consistent with all the speakers.

I'm only replacing one speaker. The speaker terminals are marked + and
- .

If that's the only speaker, then "polarity" is irrelevant.

If you're replacing one speaker in a stereo system, then connect
it consistent with the other one. That means determining the
polarity of the other speaker, which you can do with a 1.5 volt
battery. But you already said you don't need help with that.

(The old speaker has no markings on it.)

The wire pair is marked, one wire is a solid color, one wire is
striped.

There must be some way to determine polarity.....