Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jig saw questions?

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in message
news
reposting since no replies yet.

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in message
I'm looking for something better than my cheapie $29 jigsaw and would
like to get feedback on what to purchase.

1-What's a orbital jigsaw?

The blade action is not straight up and down but orbital (elliptical)
strokes

2- I'm a novice but would like to get one to last my life(Lol) I'm 55

I'm expecting the Bosch 1590 under the Chirstmas tree. Never heard a bad
work about them. Sure winner.

3- what do you recommend and why?

The Bosch because it is very good. Others may be very good also, but this
seems to be the most recommended.

4- the Ridgid looks like a very nice unit, but are there better choices
in the same or lower $$ range?

Never did a comparison so I can't say for sure how well it will perform.