Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jig saw questions?

reposting since no replies yet.

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in message
I'm looking for something better than my cheapie $29 jigsaw and would like
to get feedback on what to purchase.

1-What's a orbital jigsaw?
2- I'm a novice but would like to get one to last my life(Lol) I'm 55
3- what do you recommend and why?
4- the Ridgid looks like a very nice unit, but are there better choices in
the same or lower $$ range?

regards

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in message
news
reposting since no replies yet.

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in message
I'm looking for something better than my cheapie $29 jigsaw and would
like to get feedback on what to purchase.

1-What's a orbital jigsaw?

The blade action is not straight up and down but orbital (elliptical)
strokes

2- I'm a novice but would like to get one to last my life(Lol) I'm 55

I'm expecting the Bosch 1590 under the Chirstmas tree. Never heard a bad
work about them. Sure winner.

3- what do you recommend and why?

The Bosch because it is very good. Others may be very good also, but this
seems to be the most recommended.

4- the Ridgid looks like a very nice unit, but are there better choices
in the same or lower $$ range?

Never did a comparison so I can't say for sure how well it will perform.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Might look he

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/ho...w/reviews.html

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in message
news
reposting since no replies yet.

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in message
I'm looking for something better than my cheapie $29 jigsaw and would
like to get feedback on what to purchase.

1-What's a orbital jigsaw?
2- I'm a novice but would like to get one to last my life(Lol) I'm 55
3- what do you recommend and why?
4- the Ridgid looks like a very nice unit, but are there better choices
in the same or lower $$ range?

regards

It has removed 3491 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lost In Space/Woodchuck wrote:
reposting since no replies yet.

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in message
I'm looking for something better than my cheapie $29 jigsaw and would like
to get feedback on what to purchase.

1-What's a orbital jigsaw?
2- I'm a novice but would like to get one to last my life(Lol) I'm 55
3- what do you recommend and why?
4- the Ridgid looks like a very nice unit, but are there better choices in
the same or lower $$ range?

1. The blade on an orbital jigsaw can be made to travel in a "hooking"
motion on the upstroke, which causes it to cut much more aggressively.
The motion is adjustable from no hook to quite a bit. These saws also
have counterbalanced drives, which make them much smoother to operate.

2. Bosch, Porter Cable and Milwaukee all have their devoted fans.
Some people prefer a barrel grip, some like a top handle. You like
vanilla, I like chocolate. I think the things that separates these
saws are details like ease in changing the blade. I have a Porter
Cable, and I love everything about it except that the blade changing,
while fast, is hard on the fingers. I think Bosch has one of the
newest and best designs. Any one of them will be a tremendous
improvement over your present saw.

3. Rigid is gaining a good reputation, but I wouldn't say they are the
"best". Somebody is sure to disagree, but I consider them jobsite
equipment that's fairly tough, but maybe doesn't have quite the finesse
of the more expensive brands. I think of Rigid as the brand to buy for
hourly labor to use.

DonkeyHody
"We can't all be heroes because someone has to sit at the curb and clap
as they go by." - Will Rogers

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lost In Space/Woodchuck wrote:

reposting since no replies yet.

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in message
I'm looking for something better than my cheapie $29 jigsaw and

would like
to get feedback on what to purchase.

This one has been beat to death.

What part of Bosch don't you understand?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
.net...
This one has been beat to death.

What part of Bosch don't you understand?

Lew

I think few tools quite "lights up the room" to the same degree as the Bosch
jig saw, at least not in that class or price range. The reviews have been so
good or overwhelming I can hardly wait to buy one even though a jig saw is
one of my least used shop tools...sure to change if I had a BoschG......
anyway is this vaunted reputation just for the 1590/1591 or does it apply to
any of the lessor brethren(less amps) or previous models(1587)? Rod

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 02:14:01 -0800, "Rod & Betty Jo"
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
k.net...
This one has been beat to death.

What part of Bosch don't you understand?

I think few tools quite "lights up the room" to the same degree as the Bosch
jig saw, at least not in that class or price range. The reviews have been so
good or overwhelming I can hardly wait to buy one even though a jig saw is
one of my least used shop tools...sure to change if I had a BoschG......
anyway is this vaunted reputation just for the 1590/1591 or does it apply to
any of the lessor brethren(less amps) or previous models(1587)? Rod

The 1584/87 has been the standard by which all others are measured
(including the new 1590/91) for a long time. It had a predecessor, the
1581, which was virtually indistinguishible, and which was equally
regarded.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in
news
4- the Ridgid looks like a very nice unit, but are there better
choices in the same or lower $$ range?

The Ridgid is a rebranded Metabo.
I bought the Metabo before finding this out :-P
The Metabo is a great jigsaw...I wrote up a review for it on Amazon. I
thought it was a lot better than the older Bosch; I haven't handled the
newer Bosch 1590 yet...

ken

Which jig saw? Raffo Woodworking 17 August 12th 06 03:32 PM
FLUTING JIG AND OTHER MOLDING QUESTIONS Bobby Woodworking 4 March 6th 06 12:48 PM
Looking for jig Andy Woodturning 2 February 21st 06 12:50 PM
Looking for jig Andy Woodworking 4 February 20th 06 04:09 PM
FA: Kreg Jig # K2, Pocket Hole Jig, w/ 200 Face Frame Screws [email protected] Woodworking 0 January 3rd 06 01:31 AM