Posted to alt.home.repair

Default emergency heating of home with hot water tank

DerbyDad03 wrote:
wrote:
How much heat is a garden hose going to give off?

with not much pressure they will tolerate hot water, have used them to
melt ice and snow once.

But if they do spring a leak, you've got wet floors, no power to run a
fan to dry them and possibly cold enough temps so you'll have ice
*inside* the house as well as outside.

the bigger the difference between room and water the more heat they
would likely liberate.

And therefore the sooner it will cool off.

its a novel idea

And possibly a dangerous one. At a minimum I wouldn't leave the hose
spread out if I had to leave the house. I think I'll opt out on this
idea.

nothe goal would be to remain in your home, assuming a decent non
leaking hose to start i doubt leaks would be a problem, since the water
would be flowing not really under much pressure