Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al Big Al is offline

Default emergency heating of home with hot water tank

wrote in message
ups.com...
Saw a post recently where somene tried heating their home during a
power outage by snaking a garden hose thru home connected to their hot
water tank, dumping the presumedly cool water in their bathtub and
running it slowly. kinda ingenious emergency raiant floor heating.

I wonder how well this would work? my furnace is a 40 year old lennox
130,000 BTU my curren hot water tank is 75,000 BTU.

If your furnace is 40 years old and in a basement, it may run without
electric. Open the filter door and see if there are emergency instructions.
I assumed it's forced hot air?

Al