Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jrgreene1968@suddenlink.net is offline

Default 3801 denon receiver

Hello, i have a problem with a 3801 denon receiver, ..I bought this
receiver from a guy on the internet, said to be in exellent shape, when
it arrived, i plugged it in and it will not do anything, no display, no
standby light, no click when you hit power switch nothing. I have
checked all 7 fuses on the receiver with an ohm meter, they are all ok.
checked voltage where power cord plugs into board, shows 120 volts, if
you unplug receiver and checked switched outlet on back of receiver,
the outles show open with ohm meter, unplug yellow and white wire on
transformer to board and now switched outlets are no longer reading
open....does this sound like a power transformer, any way to test?