Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Retarding white glue...?

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Joe Bemier" wrote in message

TiteBond III has an open time of 10min

I'm of the opinion that their marketing department got a bit carried away
on
this particular claim. I've found the open time to be much closer to 7
minutes, or less, no matter the ambient temperature.

A bit disturbing because it's not a claim that generates a lot of
confidence
in a substance that holds together the woodworking world ... and makes you
wonder what else in the product doesn't live up to claims/expectations?

Well for starters TB III is not truly water proof as indicated by the tests
it passes. IIRC the tests never mention water proof, only water resistant.
This is not to say that TB III is not a very high quality glue. I prefer TB
III as it dries to a more natural wood color.