Posted to rec.woodworking
Never Enough Money Never Enough Money is offline

Default Lie-Nielsen or Veritas

If you read back trough the trhead of postings the meaning should be
more obvious. I know some of these postings become less meaningful as
the fragment and ramble on.

To summarize, I'm simply angry at the Canadian because of the wel
publicised protest and virulent rhetoric against the US. It's ok to
disagree and protest but it's not the best way to change American
public opinion. I simply have never ever heard any American bad-mounth
Canada. May be you have. I have not.

This whole thing about lumber imports seems to be disingenuos since
Canada retaliates by sellling prescription drugs undercutting the
American drug companies -- the companies that invented the drug in the
first place taking on huge risks for the potential of huge profits.

Lastly, and more personal, I am being laid off because Canada
subsidizes R&D so my multi-national company thinks it's cheaper to move
my job to Montreal (one of my favorite cities, btw). By itself that
might be ok but, I'm one of the last to be laid off. The other thousand
or so laid off engineers are marveling at how the Canadian group has
completely botched the projects, made them years behind and lost market
share. Unfortunately our European owners haven't figure that out
because they only look at hourly rate.

So my point is -- buy American first, then buy from countries that
actually like us.

On Dec 16, 7:59 am, Doug Payne wrote:
On 15/12/2006 6:59 PM, Never Enough Money wrote:

However many Americans do not trash Canada.And many do. What's your point?