Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Replace a closer for a storm door

On 15 Dec 2006 15:53:13 -0800, "Anthona" wrote:

I need to replace my old pneumatic closer ( over 25 years ) for my
storm door. Any suggestions? Would like to pick it up tomorrow am at
loews.

It confused me too, but Loews is the movie chain, or as they pronounce
it in Brooklyn, Lowy's, although they spell it the same.

Lowes is the hardware store.

Should I take the old one with me? I'm sure they have advanced
since and don't look exactly like mine does now.

Someone was putting a storm door on today. Not much difference in 50
years, but definitely take your old one with you. (Any difference is
likely from one brand to another, and not because of age.) Look at
the door before you leave, also, and remember how the thing went on.
Make a sketch if necessary.