Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Replace a closer for a storm door

Anthona wrote:
I need to replace my old pneumatic closer ( over 25 years ) for my
storm door. Any suggestions? Would like to pick it up tomorrow am at
loews. Should I take the old one with me? I'm sure they have advanced
since and don't look exactly like mine does now.

I'd suggest you get a hydraulic closer instead of a pneumatic one. Any
good hardware store will carry both. The hydraulic is slimmer in
profile, which means you can open the door a couple more degrees and
it's less obtrusive, plus they close much better. They don't have any
of that annoying pneumatic bounce. Price is about the same - needn't
spend more than $20 max.