Posted to alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Dishwashing tablets

On 15 Dec 2006 14:24:38 -0800, wrote:

Yes, you're right.

There have been no improvements in dishwashers in 27 yrs.

I read my post again, and I don't think I said that.

Older is better.

But you've convinced me.

mm wrote:
On 12 Dec 2006 08:39:14 -0800,
wrote:

Dear Dirty Dad03,

John Gilmer (if he's not woman, should be) is absolutely correct.

The new dishwashers run 2 - 3 hours depending on the features. I love
heavy wash, sanitize, extra hot water, extra soak, etc. You paid for
those features, USE THEM.

I would but my washer is 27 years old and has two washes and a rinse,
iirc, and then drying, which has a switch so one can turn off the heat
during drying. So if I'm there, I open it up after the rinse so it
will dry faster with fresh air, while the dishes and water are still
hot.

Total of about 45 minutes, without drying.

The machine has never broken, except once when the thin chicken bone**
next to the drumstick got caught in the antisiphon device (I still
don't know why that kept it from draining the washer, but the moment I
removed the bone, the thing worked again. (I had spent maybe 90
minutes to 2 hours checking the pump and all the the other hoses.

**I don't pre-wash the dishes, and that's on purpose. But I don't
even take off all the food and that's probably laziness. Still,
only one problem in 23 years***, 2 hours to fix, I think I'm ahead of
the game.

***Another guy owned the house the first 4 years)

I use only powder (or gel) because of those extra cycles. My dishes
look better than new, but I invest the time each washing.

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)