Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthona Anthona is offline

Default Replace a closer for a storm door

Lawrence wrote:
Anthona wrote:
I need to replace my old pneumatic closer ( over 25 years ) for my
storm door. Any suggestions? Would like to pick it up tomorrow am at
loews. Should I take the old one with me? I'm sure they have advanced
since and don't look exactly like mine does now.

Forget about it. that's an easy job and those closers haven't changed
much in that time. it requires no tools to replace but a screwdriver.

Yeah, but i've been doing some web searching and the prices vary..some
as high as 300 to 10. How do i know which to go by? IS the cheaper one
good enough for the door to close normally? Does the closer go by the
weight of the door?