Posted to alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default Dishwashing tablets

Lady wrote:
I have always considered the "main" dishwasher compartment to be the one
with the cover, which dispenses second. The first one (the uncovered one) I
believe to be the pre-rinse.

By the way - I also use Electrasol - it's the only thing that gets my tea
stains off my mugs. But they do still have the actual tablets - not just
the gel stuff which I hate. Not sure where you shop but all the groceries I
shop at as well as Wal Mart still carry them - plus they are on their
website
http://www.electrasol.us/whats_new.html

Consumer Reports did a test on dishwasher detergent a few months back.
The gel types are not as good, because they can't stabilize enzymes in
the gel state, so only the dry types have enzymes, which make a
difference. They liked Cascade and the Walmart house brand. Last time
they tested a couple of years back, they actually liked the Walmart
house brand better than anything, including Cascade. Of course, it
seems to me that every house and washer has different conditions, so
what works best for egg yolk in a two year old Maytag with hard water
may be different than what works on bacon grease in a ten year old
Whirlpool with soft water....