Posted to rec.woodworking
DIYGUY DIYGUY is offline

Default Lie-Nielsen or Veritas

Another option is to buy an antique Stanley on the internet.
Typically, you can find an awfully good user plane for modest dollars.
Then when your tools are handed down to another generation it will be
worth a whole lot more than you paid for it. And the bargain hunting
is half of the fun ...

wrote:
It's time I buy a good plane. I need it for fitting doors to openings,
drawers to openings, and the like. I don't need one for surfacing
large areas. What size would you suggest? I'm leaning towards a No.
4. Which brand do you prefer: L/N or Veritas? I'm not concerned about
the price.

Thanks,
Dave