Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default uhmw strips

"Leuf" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 06:21:58 GMT, "Patt" wrote:

I am using uhmw strips for the runners on a t/s sled. How would you join
them to the wood base? I was thinking of using some kind of epoxy glue.
Do
I also use small nails or screws?

I just used screws. Drilling the stuff is interesting. It'll leave a
raised area around the edge of the hole that I had to go back and
knock down so it would sit tight to the bottom of the sled.

Me too on the screws. You just want them snug if you use flatheads, because
the wedge will make the plastic tighten in the groove. I thought it might
be an adjustment "feature" for later down the line, but it hasn't proven
necessary. Best would probably be counterbored pan head, but no real depth
in a miter groove.

Doublestick will give you a bit of help as you adjust position.