Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Ping Arfa and others Educate Me Please

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
news

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news

Not knowing much about rear projection TV sets (retired from that tangent
of the service industry before they were popular) but sucessfully
repairing my own Panasonic 7 yr old PT51xxxxxxx (STK's, low value
resistors), I don't understand why this set when played via the Component
input "Y/Pb/Pr" the convergence is flawless while any other source the
convergence still needs tweaking as truly it still does to the far left.

Just curious as to why this is.

Also but not pertaining to rear projection crt sets but to DLP sets, how
does the color wheel interact to the light source and the rest of the
video path? Not planning to service these, just curious again.

This might help a bit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLP

Sorry, not my field of expertise really. Others on here much better
qualified to put you on the right path.

Arfa