Posted to rec.woodworking
resrfglc resrfglc is offline

Default Hybrid Tablesaws

One of the points I often make about choosing a tool is the availability of
generic accessories - a lesson learned the hard way with the purchase of a
Craftsman Tilt-table Band Saw (actually a gift from my wife) with a
(non-standard) 80" blade (yes, I know one can order blades to fit (at a
premium over stock units, of course))

Now, I tend to shop the accessories for a tool before deciding on the range
of tools to compare and contrast prior to purchase.

But, I will say that the old "Satisfaction guarantee" came in handy on a
number of occasions when a quick jaunt to the store had me back home in an
hour with a new tool or a credit on my Sears card.

"A.M. Wood" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chrisgiraffe wrote:

One particular problem
I have with Craftsman is their rampant use of plastics throughout their
tools, their poor knockoff features and their non-standard designs
(e.g. miter slots, clearance plates, etc.).

Interesting. Cheap toolmakers using non-standard parts in their
machines. Some of the trolls who frequent this newsgroup assert this
is absolutely not true. Why those fools even make fun of people who
would even think this. Of course, maybe they'd care to explain how to
get a standard miter gauge into a crapsman miter slot.

AM Wood