Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] rmeyer1@gmail.com is offline

Default Hybrid Tablesaws

A.M. Wood wrote:
Chrisgiraffe wrote:

One particular problem
I have with Craftsman is their rampant use of plastics throughout their
tools, their poor knockoff features and their non-standard designs
(e.g. miter slots, clearance plates, etc.).

Interesting. Cheap toolmakers using non-standard parts in their
machines. Some of the trolls who frequent this newsgroup assert this
is absolutely not true. Why those fools even make fun of people who
would even think this. Of course, maybe they'd care to explain how to
get a standard miter gauge into a crapsman miter slot.

AM Wood

I surely don't want to make fun of you (you might not sell me your
Unisaw for a good price in the near future) but this foolish troll uses
his Steel City/Crapsman miter gauge in Lee Valley tracks
(http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43576,52799)
which I added to my newly built outfeed table. My miter gauge is 3/4" x
3/8"...same size as the Lee Valley, Woodcraft. etc. miter tracks. Is
the Delta miter gauge not also 3/4 x 3/8? My old Craftsman contractor
saw also had a 3/4 x 3/8 miter. Well, if I'm a non-standard fool I must
be in good company ... might ask Robin Lee why his miter tracks allow
non-standard junk to slide in them.