Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Can improper wiring actually cause a fire?

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
In article , "Mike Marlow"

wrote:

Hey Doug - I think that what he meant by "common sense" was the common

sense
to follow such things as electrical code, and not get all wrapped up in
"would-be-nice-if" scenarios. Keep it simple, apply the code, and use
common sense with code as your guide line.

Well, perhaps so -- but do you spend much time at alt.home.repair?

Nope. I have to confess total ignorance of that group.

Seems that
a lot of people are unaware that there even *is* an electrical code. And

some
of the posts in this thread should be more than ample to show that even

some
folks who know that the Code exists, don't know nearly as much about what

it
says than they think they do.

Unfortunately it seems that there are a lot of folks who know a code exists,
and then throw out the phrase "Code" as if to support their position, with
no real knowledge of what the code even says. I'm the first to admit that I
don't have every page of the NEC memorized and I ask from time to time, in
order to cover areas that I might not deal with on a regular basis, but I
have certainly seen enough of the aforementioned references to code by those
who clearly know nothing about what it says. Now *that* is dangerous.

--

-Mike-