Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Can improper wiring actually cause a fire?

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:

- Why is it important that the equipment grounding conductor for a

circuit be
run in the same cable or raceway as the circuit conductors?

You've got me on this one. If I have two PVC conduits going from the
panel and put the hots in one and the ground in the other, and the
equpment is grounded properly, I'm at a loss as to what could happen.

- Why is it OK to install a 20A receptacle on a 15A circuit, but not a

30A
receptacle on a 20A circuit?

According to this

http://www.passandseymour.com/knowho...rical%20Basics

it's *not* okay to install a 20A receptacle on a 15A circuit.

It generally pays to refer to NEC rather than something less authoritative,
such as a vendor site.

--

-Mike-